Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Eastern Medicine......

So with a hectic and very physical schedule comes bumps and bruises. I, unfortunately, began my first couple weeks here in Macao with a swollen foot that just didn't seem to want to work with me. After a painful rehearsal it was decided that I would seek some medical attention. I found myself, with the assistance of Ms. Josephine Leong (one of our amazingly helpful and friendly contacts here in Macao), at the University Hospital in Taipa. The hospital was a very clean and organized place and the staff was all very friendly. The doctor that saw me performed a 20 minute, very deep tissue, massage on my foot. Although it was painful and I continued to whimper and moan, he did not let up the pressure at all. He told me that I needed to stay off my foot for a week. I, however, was back on the dance floor in two days seeing just how far I could push myself.
Now for the prescription. I was given 3 giant bags of tea to boil and submerge my foot in at night. David, my roomie, had to suffer from the smell of my herbal foot stew that overtook the apartment we are residing in. If that wasn't bad enough, I also had to wrap my foot with a curry-like paste that stained my foot yellow and gave all the dancers a good laugh. Although I was skeptical of the treatment, it definitly seemed to do the trick. One more visit to the doctor and 3 more days of medicine and I am now back to dancing fully. My foot still hurts, but I am excited to give it my all this coming Saturday.
Thank you to Dr. MassageyourfootuntilyouscreamandIdon'tcare and all the staff at the University Hospital!!!

much much love,
Matt

No comments: